Friday, June 26, 2009

Another one bites the dust

Another one bites the dust ...


I wonder how many people we have to lose before people change their ways. With the recent passing of Michael Jackson I woke up today with another opinion! Are you surprised? Lol

Brian Oxman – the Jackson’s family lawyer and long-time friend was interviewed on CNN yesterday (June25, 09) after Michael Jackson passed away. He mentioned he felt Michael may have ODed from prescription drugs. Ok, so he did not use the word "overdose" but all in all that is what he meant. He said Michael’s family has been concerned about his health due to him taking prescription drugs. My question is this: WHEN are the Doctors going to be stopped? WHEN are the Doctors going to be held accountable? Anna Nicole Smith was rumored being on prescription drugs as well. And, in the end she ODed. Elvis Presley also died from an overdose of prescription drugs. I lost my brother due to prescription drugs (along with walking pneumonia.)
Shall I continue to name all the people that have passed away from prescription drugs? I bet you - my reader can name a few people – whether they are celebrities I didn’t mention or people you personally know. The Doctors need to be stopped!

I have mentioned my hometown a few times in my postings and again – I am going to mentioned it. I will not disclose the city right now. But, I can tell you for a 100% fact. I know people that go to the Doctors and get prescription drugs – all they have to do is complain about a back ache and the Doctor hands them a prescription. That's where the addiction starts - you take it due to pain and then you find yourself not being able to function without it. These physicians are smart they have to know this is happening but yet these people continue to go to the Doctors for such things & the Doctors keep passing out drugs. It blows my mind, really. Who gave these physicians a “above the law” card?

Some may read this and think – Well, you need to blame the people taking these prescription drugs. And, you are right and I do! I’ve spoken to addicts – I know a few, personally. And, the person close to me that is an addict has not had the easiest life since day one. Is that an excuse? No.

Let’s take a little peak into Michael Jackson’s life for a moment. As it stands right now. No one knows for sure what killed him. Whether it was a health issue (which by the way he just had a complete physical and the Doctor ruled him healthy) or if it was an “accidental” overdose.
Sadly, I keep hearing/reading people who are reminding the public of his molestation charges. Let’s just clear this up. One, he was found ‘not guilty’.
I know, I know - what about the case where he paid the family off with like 20 million after they accused him the first time.
Ask yourself this: If someone molested your child - would 20 million dollars make it all better for you? I didn't think so! It was bullshit - they wanted money and he didn't want the drama! Now, shut up about that story in his life!

I will be the first person to admit he was weird. And, I am sure even his closest friends would silently admit he was a little off. But, put yourself in his position for a moment. Imagine being 5, 6, and 7 years old and instead of playing with the kids outside you are forced to rehearse dance steps in your living room or studio. Imagine having all that pressure on your shoulders at such a young age. He spoke about how that made him feel – he said he would cry because he wasn’t allowed to play with the kids – he was forced into the studio to record for hours and hours. Then, he would go home and be put to bed. Now, try to put yourself in his shoes. Imagine how that would mess with your mind not only as a child, but as an Adult. The boy never had a childhood. I don’t believe he molested any children. I believe he thought he was a child! I believe his mindset was of a 8-10 year old. I believe he just wanted to be a kid. And, I myself feel for him.

Again, some will say – they didn’t have a great childhood either. And, I feel ya. Mine wasn’t a walk in the park. But, remember we are not in the spot light. We didn’t have cameras in our face daily. We weren’t expected to be all smiles non-stop the way celebrities are expected to be.

I feel for them all. I’ve heard SO many people say celebrities need to shut up and stop with all the complaining. The repeating quote is: “They are loaded – they have zero worries.” I always argue their fight with: “Are you fucking kidding me?!” I couldn’t fathom the pressure they deal with. Remember the first day of school? Or the way you feel when you start a new job? Try to imagine how they feel before a concert - walking out onto a stage with millions of eyes on you! Imagine how they feel knowing today in the day they have to all but let their balls hang out while people are around filming them. Imagine making out with some stranger and having to make it look real enough for us to believe! Imagine gaining a couple pounds and then hearing or reading about the world calling you fat, ugly, etc. I mean honestly, that’s pure craziness. A lot of people just think about the money they make and nothing about the pressure they go through and I think it’s awful!

Instead of judging these celebrities and believing the media and magazines why don’t we all remember they are human. Michael Jackson was human. Anna Nicole Smith was human. And Ashton Kutcher is human!





Rest in Peace Michael --- I know you're finally getting to play like a child in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment